- The Feminomicon is an artistic guidebook chronicling mythical women from around the world, written and illustrated in the style of the legendary Lovecraftian tome.
- It's an 8"x10" heavy hardcover, approximately 150 pages long; featuring a durable double binding, and high-quality photo paper.
- A great coffee table art book for anyone who loves mythology, monsters, women, and fantasy art.
- A collection dedicated to obscure and forgotten female creatures with a focus on diversity and female empowerment.
- Available NOW on KICKSTARTER
The mind-bending monsters in this book include:
- Blood sucking Penanggalan, flying severed heads with trailing intestines that glow and glitter like fireflies.
- Mysterious Yuki Onna, whose transparent skin and piercing eyes lure men to freeze in isolated Japanese mountain ranges.
- The monstrous Scylla, a sea creature who dwells in narrow straits and takes the lives of unwary seamen with her six ravenous heads.
- Pitiless Succubus, sexually aggressive demons that drain the living of their life force.
- The obsidian butterfly Itzpapalotl, a fearsome skeletal warrior goddess who rules over the paradise world of Tamoanchan.
- And dozens more, for a grand total of more than fifty unique creatures!! See the full list here.
While working on my previous book, A Natural History of the Fantastic, I spent several years researching humanity's darkest monsters. To my disappointment, a wealth of expressive and interesting creatures have been completely forgotten. Everyone knows harpies, medusa, and hags... but have you heard of the great Dearg Due, Hari Onnago, or Campe? The Feminomicon was born out of love for our forgotten female gods and monsters. It’s made with a desire to reinvent the mythology and come up with a new and exiting world that captures the empowering essence of these often overlooked creatures. It unfolds in a universe inspired by ancient societies with an epic scale and realistic fully-realized feel.
Check it out here! I know you won't be disappointed.